An essay that compares gandhi martin luther king and thoreau?
April 18th, 2013
all men were great contributors to history. Gandhi used a passive way to get his point across and fight for people's rights, as did Martin Luther King and Thoreau. Try adding that they all spoke to people (Thoreau through writing) and told them of hardships and how they would aqccomplish them by not resorting to violence. For Example, Gandhi would try to get thorugh the guards (in the movie) and the guards would push them back, but Gandhi and his men never fought back. King never fought to start violence and got involved with the sit-ins because they did not promote violence, and Thoreau ran off to the woods to live by himself almost as a hermit to get away from a violent society as a whole. They all wanted people's rights, but used a passive voice to get them. Try searching quotes from the movie "Gandhi", loo up the sit-ins of the 1950s, and read a bit of Thoreau's piece "Into the Woods." You can find aqll of these online. I hope this helps.
- Any grammar experts out there? I need some help with passive voice.? - I recently turned in an essay in which my teacher will take off for every time I use passive voice. My grade is good, but not exactly what I want it to be, so I wanted to make sure this essay was perfect (or nearly perfect). I got four people to edit it: my parents
- Regarding about using passive voice? - in the edititorial session of our daily newspaper, why some of sophisticated writers alway use passive voice to express what exactly they wanna say . is that properly to be used . on the other hand ,when we try to write an essay ,if the overuse of passive voice are appearing ? what’s the consequences
- How does non-violence work? - I have an essay about Martin Luther King Jr., Mohandas Gandhi, and Nelson Mandela. It asks what made non-violence work on their terms. Can someone tell me?Thanks!
- Is it wrong to use to passive voice in formal english graded essay? - The primary reason why your instructors frown on the passive voice is that they often have to guess what you mean. Sometimes, the confusion is minor. Let’s look at a sentence from a student’s paper on Homer’s The Odyssey:When her house was invaded, Penelope had to think of ways to delay her remarriage.Like many passive
- Martin Luther King Jr. essay on how he contributed to freedom? - If anyone could please help me out with this essay, i would be happy =D”If a man hasn’t discovered something he will die for, then he hasn’t got a reason to live.” These were famous words of the late Reverend Dr. Martin Luther King Jr., spoken June 23, 1963 in Detroit, Michigan. Martin Luther King
- How do you mention a person by name in an essay? - I’m writing an essay on why Indira Nehru Gandhi (Not Mahatma Gandhi) is a good leader. How do I mention her name in the essay, after mentioning her full name? Do I only say ‘Gandhi’ or can I mix it up and say ‘Indira’ and ‘Indira Gandhi’ too?
- I need help with my non violence protest essay? - Hey my world studies class got assigned a 5 paragraph essay on if i think non-violence or violent protest is better. I would probably say non-violence. I need help with what i need to write in each paragraph. so examples would be nice(:thanks(: